Web Content Management System (CMS): Why You Need To Have One
Your web design exercise can be pretty simple and fast when you have a good content management system in place. With an effective CMS, you can easily update elements of your site like photos, videos and text. However, the real potential of a content management system comes with thousands of adds-on applications which can range from simple ones to the most complex ones.
In place of a motionless/ brochure type website, you can incorporate additional features that will help attract more visitors. Such features can include social media applications from sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn that are linked to your site. Such applications will help you build a reputable online brand image while reaching and interacting with millions of potential customers. Better still, you can always update these applications by yourself once they have been installed by your web developer.
So what are the benefits of a web content management system?
Content management system sets you free from the bonds of conventional web design. Think about you being in full control of your website. There are definitely several benefits that come with this, two of which are cost and time.
Suppose you had a shoe store with hundreds of new shoes to list on your site, you can use your content management system to feed information to your store’s database. By “pointing and clicking”, your new products will be included to your online store in a matter of seconds. This means that you will no longer look to your webmaster to update your product list for you. You can apply the same concept when you are looking for something more “advanced”.
With your “do-it-yourself web design” enabled by your Content Management System, you will be able to save hundreds of dollars on your web master’s fees. This is no doubt a great cost cutting strategy. This coupled with the time saving advantage are major factors contributing to the popularity of web Content Management System.
While CMS will certainly save you time and money among other benefits, not all website designers are capable of developing websites using it. As an online trader with some web knowledge, CMS will be of great importance to your business. All you will need is a little understanding of other user friendly programs.
Content Management System brings great convenience and a sense of self satisfaction by giving you the freedom to take full control of your website’s updates. This will to a great extent give you a feeling of being part of the system.
Should You Make a Website?
As the World Wide Web has grown more and more, one of the biggest questions people have been asking themselves is whether or not they should have a website made for their company. More people are starting to hop online and people are obviously using search engines to find what they’re looking for. Topics that are geographically specific are searched every day such as Tampa Web Design for an example. With this in mind, a business owner needs to stop, sit down and ask themselves: Do I need a website?
The answer should be a complete and utter YES! There is no reason why your business should not have a website. People argue that since they don’t sell a product, they shouldn’t have a website because a website is only good for selling goods. That doesn’t mean anything. Having a website in that case means you are providing another way for people to find your contact information or to learn more about what you offer. People say that their business is so unique that no one would search it, which gets the response: if you can have a business about it, you can have a website about it.
The fundamental reason you want to get a website made for your site is it is an added method of people being able to find your business. Before the World Wide Web was big, people found businesses by going into their phone book. They’d open up their geographically specific phone book and look for a pizza place. These days, they can type in the keyword “city name pizza place” and come up with the results. By having a website, you can provide the visitor all the information they may need such as: what kind of catering do they do, what do they charge for a large cheese pizza, and so many other questions.
No matter what type of business you own, having a website is a great investment. Even though it costs a little money to get the site up and running, that doesn’t mean that you should forsake the great possibilities that can come from a website. By having a website, you are giving yourself the chance to really get your business out there. Depending on what you provide, it can mean a lot more business. There’s a reason people are constantly making new websites. It’s working. It’s making businesses money. You should make a website soon. Or contact us.
Staying Connected is Important for Your Site
As your website grows, more and more potential customers are going to be coming to your site and sending you questions and queries about different things. It may be a question about whether or not that product is in stock. Or, it may be a question asking which product you suggest for their body type: A or B. Or, finally, it may just be a question that is asking for more information about your particular service that your website may not be able to provide. So, it is obviously very important to stay connected to the life of your website. Here are a few things to do:
- Get high speed internet for your house and your place of business. You want to be able to log on and access your e-mail a few times a day so that you can reply to any questions or comments by a customer. It might seem like common sense, but a lot of businesses are still using slow internet and that’s just wasted productivity.
- Get a work phone that has e-mail access. Consider it a work expense and write it off the taxes. Whatever you do, though, consider getting a work phone. If you get a question in the middle of the day and it is really important, you can shoot a quick e-mail back with a quick answer that says, “If you need more info, I will send more.” This way, you can send more when you get to your computer. It won’t make the customer feel unwelcome.
You want to constantly have access to your e-mail. When running a very small business where you are pretty much the only employee, you have the burden of ensuring that it constantly grows. Having a Blackberry on your hip may seem frustrating since it is like you are constantly at work, when you are in the building stages of your business, you want your customers to feel welcome.
One of the big mistakes people make when owning a site is not getting back to their visitors. If a visitor sends an e-mail or comments, always reply. Even if you don’t want to get a cell phone with e-mail and just want to check at night, it is imperative you reply. People always remember who didn’t reply and this will only damage your reputation on the web, not help it. So, reply and you’ll find that those visitors not only return, but tell other people to check the site out. Stay connected. Your site depends on it.
Tampa Search Engine Optimization, Onsite and Offsite SEO for Tampa FL
You may have contacted us to create your website, you may not have. Whether or not you did, one of the things that you are, more likely, going to want to do is drive traffic to your website as fast as you can. The more traffic you can drive to your site and the faster you can do it, the more successful your website is going to be and, in return, the more successful your business is going to be. However, how can you possibly drive business to your website without having a ton of money? SEO is the best way to do that.
SEO is Search Engine Optimization. At Tampa Web Design, we offer that. You can contact us and what we will do is help you do research into figuring out which keywords are powerful keywords for you to rank for, help you to determine what long tail keywords are beneficial, and then set you up with a plan to get your website ranking. We’ll execute this plan and help you to start ranking in the search engines.
The difference between us and a lot of other SEO companies in Tampa is that we understand the ins and outs of SEO. We know it is not just an external thing. Because we design and code websites as well as do SEO for them, we can go into the site and ensure that the code is working perfectly and has the correct keywords on them. This will guarantee that the site ranks properly in the search engines and doesn’t have anything faulty going on with it. It might seem farfetched, but we know what we’re doing.
So, why hire us? It’s simple. Having a website is great, but if no one comes to your website, has it done anything for your company? No. You want to use search engine optimization because as your website starts to rank higher and higher in the search engines, you’ll receive more traffic which will, in turn, result in more business. It’s a worthy investment for your website and one that will pay itself back time and time again.
If you’re still unsure, please feel free to contact us and let us know what questions you have. We’ll answer these questions and, if you’re ready to begin, schedule you for a consultation. Then we can go to work on getting your website ranked in the search engines.
Tampa Website Design, Web Development, SEO and Video Production
Although the economy is incredibly rough right now in the Tampa area, one thing that is for certain is that there are a lot of businesses that are starting to gain a following on their websites. The reason for this is because, with the help of search engines, people are finding all the information they need to about that company on the web which makes it a favorite for consumers. What customers want the most is an easy experience. That is why they love Wal-Mart. Because everything they need is provided for them, they love it. So, the easier it is for your customers to find information out about you, the more likely they are to become loyal customers.
It is because of this that you want to invest in web design. Contacting your local Tampa Website Design studio is a really good call. By contacting us, what you’ll find is that you’ll be able to get help with everything that you want for your website without worrying about your work being cheap or low quality. The work that we do is exceptional and you don’t need to worry about garbage. We make our websites look like they cost a ton of money without actually having to cost a ton of money.
The way it works is simple. You’ll contact us and tell us that you want to get a website made. We’ll schedule a time for all of us to sit down and discuss all the details for your website. Then, we’ll start to put together all the details you described and put it into website form. We’ll help you get your domain name as well as hosting. The site will be put up on the web and then, you’ll be set to start driving visitors to your website.
If you’re still unsure, please read through the following services that we provide:
- Unique web site design
- Splash pages
- Forum designs
- Blog designs
- Custom graphics
- So much more…
Please contact us at your easiest convenience so that we can set you up with a free consultation. Having a website is a really great move for your company. Set your website up now so that you can enjoy the benefits of a website for your company.
The Different Types of Server Packages Available
When you’re running a website, you need a few things: a domain name, a designed website, content on your site, and oh yeah, the part that makes it run…The hosting. Without the hosting, you could have the most amazing domain name and a gorgeous design, it will not appear on the web. Someone has to put your information onto a server so that when a visitor comes to it, the server can display it for that person. However, when you go to a web host, how do you know which package to get? What does resell mean and shared? I hope to explain that.
- Shared Hosting: This is the typical $9.99 a month hosting that you see. Here, you are one of a thousand people that are all sharing a server. The hope is that you won’t use up nearly as much as they say you have, but will continue to make the $9.99 payment. Shared hosting is a great way for web hosts to make money and a great way to get a site on the web. However, if you’re looking for reliable hosting that won’t crash if you hit the front page of Digg, this isn’t the one to get.
- Reseller Hosting: This is where you get a chunk of a server and can basically resell it to other people like it was shared hosting. You can make the prices and then sell it off. This is also a great way to inexpensively set up a network. You can give each domain name its own cpanel and it cuts down on setting up addon domains and all that jazz.
- VPS: A Virtual Private Server is where you get a chunk of a server and it is “yours.” There are other people with chunks of server, but it cuts down the number of people on it so you can use up more CPU. Great for a mid to high level of traffic.
- Dedicated: The only site on the server is yours. If you’re getting a ton of traffic, this is the way to go. Get a managed one unless you’re a server expert. This way, you can know your site is up and running and can focus on other things.
Which is the one to go for? Shared if you have a tiny site that won’t get a lot of traffic. If you’re going to run an e-commerce site, you’re going to want to get a VPS at minimum because the software that is running will lag on shared hosting. A VPS is a great middle server. It’s not too expensive ($50 sometimes) and it does its job. A dedicated can cost $200, but that’s a server just for you. Go with a VPS if you need that traffic amounts until you absolutely need to upgrade.
The Things to Be Careful of when Getting Hosting
A lot of web hosts promise a lot of things, but when push comes to shove, they are very rarely able to provide what they say. I had an experience happen where I had a webhost guarantee that I would get five hundred gigabytes of bandwidth which is enough to get thousands of visitors to your site a day. I hit the front page of Digg and suddenly, my site was suspended from the web host. When I went in search of information as to why my site had been removed, they said I used too much CPU. So, I was screwed.
Fortunately for you, I have put together a series of things to look out for when looking to get hosting for your website. If you follow these bits and pieces of information, you are going to be able to protect your site and guarantee you stay up and running.
The first thing to remember is that a server typically costs about $100.00 a month to run on the web host’s side. Chances are, they’ll sell the server for $300.00 a month to make profit. I digress. Typically, that $100.00 gets 1 TB of bandwidth and that’s it. There’s no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. Here’s what a lot of shady web hosts will offer you with that one server:
- Unlimited bandwidth. Look…There’s no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. One server only gets about a TB of bandwidth. They can offer you near unlimited bandwidth, but the thing to remember is that you have to pay for it. The thing to look for when determining if a web host is shady is the cost. Are they saying you’re going to get a TB of bandwidth for $9.99 a month? They’re lying. What they’re actually saying is you’ll get access to a server with a TB, but you can’t use it all because they’ll also sell that same TB of bandwidth to another thousand sites. Sucks, huh?
- 100% uptime. I’m sorry, but there are always hiccups on a server. Whether they only last about ten minutes or they last ten seconds, there are hiccups and those ten seconds when there is a hiccup, people are potentially unable to come to your site. So, if a site says 100% uptime, I typically think that, instead, they get really bad uptime and are trying to get money fast. Typically, you’ll find web hosts getting 99.5% uptime. Crap happens.
- Ridiculously low rates. If you are being charged only $2.99 for a large chunk of hosting (even if it’s not unlimited), you should be careful. There’s a good chance that you’re sharing that hosting with a ton of people and therefore, are not going to get the benefit of all that traffic.
Knowing these details about hosting will protect you from getting scammed. There are a lot of good web hosts on the web. You just need to do some research and find the right ones.
Three effective Web Statistics tools you can use to monitor the performance of your Web site
You need to monitor the performance of your website in order to know the kind of improvements appropriate to it. Suppose you want to increase traffic to your site by 5000 visitors per month with your current traffic count at 10000, you will have to launch a web marketing campaign in order to attract more visitors, right? Without a web site statistics program in place, it will be very hard for you to know the impact of your campaign.
Let’s begin by looking at what an effective web stat program will do to your website.
• Keeping track of the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly visits to your site.
• Tracking your visitors’ country of origin
• Keeping track of the browsers, operating systems and search engines that people are using to find your website
• Keeping track of all the inbound links to your website
• Tracking the pages in your site that are frequently visited
• Monitoring the keywords that people are using to locate your website
Here are three effective web statistics tools you can use to monitor your visitors.
i. AW Stats
This is a free tool that is usually incorporated in a web hosting account. It is a great web log analysis tool that should be included in your web hosting plan. Always discuss with your web hosting provider to find out if this program or a similar one is included in your plan. This tool keeps track of the number of unique visitors, number of visits, number of pages accessed, number of hits as well as the amount of bandwidth used. Using this tool will help you achieve almost all the benefits mentioned.
ii. Google Analytics
Incase your web host is not providing statistics for your website, you can consider creating Google analytics account whose code you will need to insert on your web pages. With this tool, you can keep track of the number of visitors to your site, their origin and the traffic sources that they are using to find your site.
iii. Statistics Counter
This is a free hit counter that you can install on your pages and use it to monitor real time stats on your site. Just copy and paste your code to the HTML code of your pages. You can choose to make this counter visible to your visitors or not.
An objective and focused marketing campaign will help you increase traffic to your site and boost your search engine ranking. Begin by taking notice of your current visitor count as you move on to monitoring your web statistics during your campaign period. This will help you measure the level of your marketing success.
Using Offline Techniques to Build Your Website
When people think about owning a website, they think that they need to hire a company to do SEO, they need to build links, write articles for article marketing, post on blogs and forums, and just do a whole bunch of online stuff. What they don’t take into consideration is there is another entire step of methods in which you can promote your site without even having to be in front of your computer. These techniques are a bunch of offline methods that can be applied so that more people can find you. This is best used when your site may not be ranked so highly in the search engines. Here are a few methods:
- Get pens made with your website URL on them. It’s so easy to pass a pen out to someone when they ask. If they go to give it back, tell them to keep it.
- Carry your business card around on you. You can get really inexpensive ones at some online websites. Get them and include your website on it so when someone asks you for your phone number, you can give them the card and they’ll see your website.
- Put an ad in the newspaper. Newspaper ads are still really good. They don’t do as much as they used to, but a lot of people still go and read newspapers.
- Submit a press release to your local paper. Your local paper may pick it up and write a story about you. This story will, in return, create talk about you which may send you an increase in traffic.
- Just talk about your website. Tell your friends and your family that you have this new website, that it’s an addition to your business already, and you are really looking to get it larger.
These are five ways. There are hundreds. I’ve used tons of different methods when promoting offline. You could be in a conversation about the topic of your site and then you could suddenly say, “Hey, I actually wrote an article about that on my site. Check it out.” Boom. One more visitor. One visitor may not seem like a lot, but if you remember viral marketing, one can lead to two can lead to four and the list goes on. Don’t spend your entire life on your computer trying to promote your site. Go out, experience life, and promote that way as well. It really does work.
Benefits of choosing Custom Website Design Services
The truth is that having an online presence with your business is no longer good enough in this day and age. The internet is crowded with pages and what captures attention is not only a good looking website but rather a combination of good looks and functionality of the website. Cookie cutter designs are nothing but a source of boredom to viewers. Having a custom web design will go a long way in getting your pages noticed and having your business promoted to the point of expectation that you have been dreaming of.
This is the core of the entire process hence you need to be very careful when making choices with regard to the design of your website.
Most folks out there buy in to the notion that custom made web design is too costly for their business yet they spend hundreds of dollars on advertisements which are not as effective as they would have hoped. Whether you are coming up with your site from the scratches or are working on upgrading your current website, there is a wide array of options available at your disposal as well as many web designers to select from. If your project seems overwhelming to you, these designers can take guesswork off your project- whether big or small- from simple website design to customized internet business website.
Most designers are full service providers of customized website design and website programming, including:
• Lead generation
• Internet business web design and development
• Logo design
• Video development
• Flash design
• Image galleries
• Search engine optimization services
Custom web design services also come with cyclic reports that provide recommendations and improvement advices as well as alterations that can help you reap the desired results.
As a business owner, you need to be fully aware of the future needs of your business. A custom web design can help you keep the room for future expansions. A professional web designer can employ the right technology to increase the scalability of your customized website. Your website becomes readily available to your target customers when your search engine rankings are good. As a result you are the ultimate beneficiary when you make your website designs both user friendly and easily accessible.
Never take chances when it comes to something as serious as your website. Consider engaging the best website designing services in order to gain maximum benefits from it.